Extends leadership in rackmount server market for defense applications
ANDOVER, Mass., Oct. 08, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mercury Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: MRCY, www.mrcy.com) announced it added more than 50 models to its EnterpriseSeries™ rackmount server product line, extending its leadership as one of the largest, most capable rugged rackmount server providers. Built from the ground up for mission critical applications where industry-leading performance, reliability, and SWaP are imperatives, Mercury’s servers are deployed in a variety of critical defense, industrial, and commercial applications.
“These new models in our EnterpriseSeries rackmount server line further expand Mercury’s capabilities in the C4ISR market,” said Scott Orton, Vice President and General Manager of Mercury’s Trusted Mission Solutions group. “We believe our knowledge and expertise in defense computing environments is second to none. With a multitude of form factors, configurations, and enhancement options – including nation-state-level security features – we can help our customers define the optimum server solution for their mission.”
The EnterpriseSeries Lineup
- RES-XR6 computing on the edge: Packaging the latest Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and 2666MHz DDR4 ECC memory, RES-XR6 servers are available in 1U, 1.5U, 2U, and 3U form factors with depths as shallow as 13”. RES-XR6 feature expansion slots, rear or front high-speed I/O, security features, and various storage options to deliver maximum system expansion and configuration versatility for current and future system requirements. Previous generation RES-XR5 systems are also offered – featuring 31 product options.
- RES-NT2 Supercomputing and Virtualization: Designed for the most aggressive mission-critical workloads, RES-NT2 systems package up to eight NVIDIA® GPGPUs to increase throughput and accelerate applications. Currently offered in eight 1U, 2U, 3U, and 4U form factors with depths as shallow as 20”, RES-NT2 servers are suited for Signals Intelligence (SIGINT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), big data analytics, simulation, modeling, and computational physics applications.
- RES HD modular and composable platforms: Featuring six “plug and play” compute, storage, networking, PCIe expansion, management, and GPGPU modules, RES HD is a scalable and extensible platform that can be configured according to application needs. Chassis options include the 10” wide HDslim and Themis RES-HD 2U/3U that integrate the latest Intel Xeon Scalable processors, as well as the 10” deep HDversa that holds up to twelve low power Intel Xeon D processors. RES HD chassis accommodate current, previous, and future generation RES HD modules – reducing the total cost of ownership by simplifying logistics and eliminating the need to rip and replace.
- Small Form Factor Servers: The 15 lb. RESmini and 9 lb. Toughbox mobile computing systems are designed for space constrained expeditionary operations. The RESmini features one Intel Xeon Scalable CPU with up to 28 cores, 768GB memory, up to 240TB of storage, and an optional FAA-compliant UPS power case that provides over 100min of autonomous operation. The Toughbox integrates an Intel Xeon D-2183IT CPU with up to 16 cores, 512GB memory, and up to 128TB storage in a 4.5”x 9”x 8.5” form factor that operates on a +9VDC - +28VDC power source and features vehicle auto sense protection.
EnterpriseSeries Features & Capabilities
With a 30-year track record in delivering reliable server solutions for defense applications, Mercury’s servers are known for their long life-cycles, high-performance, environmental resiliency, interoperability, and SWaP optimization.
- Enhanced Reliability: EnterpriseSeries servers meet a wide range of military specifications including MIL-STD 810G, 461F (EMI/RFI), 901D (shock), 167-1 (vibration), 1474-D (airborne noise), and 740-2 (structural borne noise). All servers operate in 0°C to +50°C ranges, with greater temperature extremes available for special configurations. Advanced thermal and mechanical design features deliver superior resilience to shock, vibration, dust, sand, and temperature extremes. Dual redundant, hot swappable AC or DC power supplies on select servers provide high availability. Additional reliability features, testing, and certifications are available upon customer request.
- COTS Technology: EnterpriseSeries servers integrate leading-edge commercial components such as Intel processors, NVIDIA graphic cards, Mellanox switches. These commercial technologies are quickly and affordably adopted to maximize performance and improve interoperability.
- Minimal Size, Weight, and Power (SWaP): EnterpriseSeries servers are designed to meet extreme installation constraints at the tactical edge–minimizing size, weight, and power requirements without compromising performance or reliability.
- Enhancements: Designated G Series products offer multiple enhancement options such as a system control module for remote management, CAC reader for extra security measures, patented Aeroloc Baffle system for low airflow operations, remote battery bypass that enables BIOS battery replacement without system shutdown, and read/write switches to prevent accidental rewrite.
- Modified COTS Expertise: For specialized applications, Mercury designs and builds modified COTS server solutions with customer-specific space, environmental, and performance requirements. In-house facilities support rapid prototyping of test and evaluation units with 3D model prototypes available within 48 hours. Environmental test labs include thermal chambers, air flow benches, acoustic chambers, shock tables, and vibration tables. Mercury’s AS9100D and ISO9001 facilities maintain quality and compliance to meet customer expectations.
- Configuration & EOL Management: Mercury offers after-sale obsolescence management at product End Of Life (EOL) to support current and future deployments. G Series hardware and firmware management ensures delivery of the same server configuration over multiple years.
Mercury’s EnterpriseSeries lineup will be on display this week at the AUSA Annual Meeting, Booth #1367 in Washington D.C as well during the Intel Federal Summit Technology Showcase in National Harbor, MD. To learn more visit mrcy.com/servers.
Mercury Systems – Innovation That Matters™
Mercury Systems is a leading commercial provider of secure sensor and safety-critical processing subsystems. Optimized for customer and mission success, Mercury’s solutions power a wide variety of critical defense and intelligence programs. Headquartered in Andover, Mass., Mercury is pioneering a next-generation defense electronics business model specifically designed to meet the industry’s current and emerging technology needs. To learn more, visit www.mrcy.com.
Forward-Looking Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains certain forward-looking statements, as that term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including those relating to fiscal 2019 business performance and beyond and the Company's plans for growth and improvement in profitability and cash flow. You can identify these statements by the use of the words "may," "will," "could," "should," "would," "plans," "expects," "anticipates," "continue," "estimate," "project," "intend," "likely," "forecast," "probable," "potential," and similar expressions. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected or anticipated. Such risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, continued funding of defense programs, the timing and amounts of such funding, general economic and business conditions, including unforeseen weakness in the Company’s markets, effects of any U.S. Federal government shutdown or extended continuing resolution, effects of continued geopolitical unrest and regional conflicts, competition, changes in technology and methods of marketing, delays in completing engineering and manufacturing programs, changes in customer order patterns, changes in product mix, continued success in technological advances and delivering technological innovations, changes in, or in the U.S. Government’s interpretation of, federal export contractor procurement rules and regulations, market acceptance of the Company’s products, shortages in components, production delays or unanticipated expenses due to performance quality issues with outsourced components, inability to fully realize the expected benefits from acquisitions and restructurings or delays in realizing such benefits, challenges in integrating acquired businesses and achieving anticipated synergies, increases in interest rates, changes to cyber-security regulations and requirements, changes in tax rates or tax regulations, changes to generally accepted accounting principles, difficulties in retaining key employees and customers, unanticipated costs under fixed-price service and system integration engagements, and various other factors beyond our control. These risks and uncertainties also include such additional risk factors as are discussed in the Company’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2018. The Company cautions readers not to place undue reliance upon any such forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date made. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement to reflect events or circumstances after the date on which such statement is made.
Robert McGrail, Director of Corporate Communications
Mercury Systems, Inc.
+1 978-967-1366 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Mercury Systems, Innovation That Matters and EnterpriseSeries are trademarks of Mercury Systems, Inc. Intel and Xeon are trademarks of Intel Corporation. Other product and company names mentioned may be trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/a6ffad5f-f4d2-4dc1-a9b0-42000a3468f2
Source: Mercury Systems Inc