New EnterpriseSeries servers feature trusted supply chains and built-in security options in support of DoD Defense Exportability Features initiatives
ANDOVER, Mass., Dec. 13, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mercury Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: MRCY, www.mrcy.com) today unveiled RES Trust, its newest EnterpriseSeries™ rackmount server product line. Featuring U.S.-designed and manufactured motherboards, multiple security feature sets, and versatile configuration options, RES Trust servers maintain affordability while delivering trusted performance and reliability.
“Our RES Trust servers are designed for critical applications in which trust is imperative and security must be built-in, not bolted on,” said Scott Orton, Vice President and General Manager of Mercury’s Trusted Mission Solutions group. “Trust and security are no longer optional for many of our customers. With our commercial business model and system security expertise we are committed to meeting their requirements while keeping customer costs and risks low.”
Trusted and BuiltSECURE™
- Performance: U.S.-designed and manufactured motherboards integrate state-of-the-art components to maximize application performance, improve platform interoperability and minimize Diminishing Manufacturing Sources (DMS) and End of Life (EOL) issues.
- Trusted Supply Chain: RES Trust motherboards are designed, manufactured and tested in Defense Microelectronics Activity (DMEA)-accredited facilities by U.S. personnel; reducing risk associated with the malicious insertion of trojans, counterfeit materials and backdoors in shipped products. Servers are designed to help system integrators meet U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) instruction 5200.44 “Protection of Mission Critical Functions to Achieve Trusted Systems and Networks.” A trusted supply chain is utilized for both hardware and software bill-of-materials while Mercury’s MIL-PRF-38534 Class H/K, MIL-PRF-38535 Class Q, ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100 facilities maintain quality and inspection compliance.
- Affordable Composable Security: Mercury’s composable System Security Engineering (SSE) enables turnkey or personalized security solutions that safeguard against present and emerging threats. As threats arise, extensible security architectures are built to evolve for future-proofing to maintain system-wide integrity. Architectures can also be utilized across multiple processor generations, preserving security development to reduce overall cost and program risk. For security-sensitive use cases, RES Trust servers can be configured with a variety of nation-state-level security features. Mercury’s BuiltSECURE™ security suite includes access control, key management, non-volatile memory write protection, data-at-rest protection, sanitization, secure firmware management, physical protection mechanisms, sensors and cryptographic offload engine capabilities that mitigate reverse engineering and provide cyber resiliency. System security features enable Foreign Military Sales (FMS) or Direct Commercial Sales (DCS) program success. Detailed security capability offerings can be requested. Detailed security capability offerings can be requested.
- Dedicated System Security Engineering Support: Mercury’s experienced system security engineers and customer support teams deliver end-to-end product security support services including vulnerability assessments, technical training, classified RMA capabilities and product-specific protection schemes.
- Secure Virtualization: A multi-platform compatible, embedded hypervisor option configures and controls both hardware resources and software execution to further guard against cyberattacks and reverse engineering with secure boot, just-in-time decryption, mandatory access control, OS hardening and runtime software protections.
- Data Protection: Optional ASURRE-Stor® secure solid state drives deliver data at rest protection for the NSA’s Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC) program as the only hardware full disk encryption device on the approved components list. Designed and manufactured in one of Mercury’s many domestic Advanced Microelectronics Centers, ASURRE-Stor secure storage devices seamlessly integrate Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) 140-2 and National Information Assurance Partnership (NIAP) certified cryptographic algorithms with user-configurable key management and sanitization protocols that can purge encryption keys in less than 30 ms.
With a 30-year track record in delivering rugged server solutions for defense applications, Mercury’s EnterpriseSeries servers are known for their long lifecycles, high performance, reliability, interoperability and size, weight and power (SWaP) optimization.
- Platform-Wide Security:RES Trust servers offer fine-grained operational control, hardware-enforced configuration management capabilities and pre-authentication of processor loads. Mercury’s hardware-based Root of Trust and cyber-resilient BIOS mitigate multiple security threats to the application, in part, by reducing the available attack surfaces to minimize boot devices. Built-in interfaces allow servers to participate in platform-wide security architectures.
- Field Optimized:RES Trust servers optimize SWaP requirements to meet extreme installation and security constraints at the tactical edge. Multiple I/O configuration options and enhancements are also available.
- Proven Reliability: Systems are designed and tested to meet a wide range of military specifications. Advanced thermal and mechanical design features deliver superior resilience to shock, vibration, dust, sand and temperature extremes. All servers operate in 0°C to +50°C ranges, with greater temperature extremes available for special configurations. Additional reliability features, testing and certifications are available upon customer request.
- Configuration & EOL Management: Mercury’s after-sale obsolescence management addresses Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS) concerns at product end of life in order to support current and future deployments.
- Custom Server Platforms: For specialized applications, tailor-made motherboard configurations and security features can be packaged to fit customer-specific space, environmental and performance requirements.
RES Trust 1U and 2U servers are now available. For more information, visit mrcy.com/secure-servers or contact Mercury at (866) 627-6951 or email@example.com.
Mercury Systems – Innovation That Matters®
Mercury Systems is a leading commercial provider of secure sensor and safety-critical processing subsystems. Optimized for customer and mission success, Mercury’s solutions power a wide variety of critical defense and intelligence programs. Headquartered in Andover, Mass., Mercury is pioneering a next-generation defense electronics business model specifically designed to meet the industry’s current and emerging technology needs. To learn more, visit www.mrcy.com.
Forward-Looking Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains certain forward-looking statements, as that term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including those relating to fiscal 2019 business performance and beyond and the Company's plans for growth and improvement in profitability and cash flow. You can identify these statements by the use of the words "may," "will," "could," "should," "would," "plans," "expects," "anticipates," "continue," "estimate," "project," "intend," "likely," "forecast," "probable," "potential," and similar expressions. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected or anticipated. Such risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, continued funding of defense programs, the timing and amounts of such funding, general economic and business conditions, including unforeseen weakness in the Company’s markets, effects of any U.S. Federal government shutdown or extended continuing resolution, effects of continued geopolitical unrest and regional conflicts, competition, changes in technology and methods of marketing, delays in completing engineering and manufacturing programs, changes in customer order patterns, changes in product mix, continued success in technological advances and delivering technological innovations, changes in, or in the U.S. Government’s interpretation of, federal export contractor procurement rules and regulations, market acceptance of the Company’s products, shortages in components, production delays or unanticipated expenses due to performance quality issues with outsourced components, inability to fully realize the expected benefits from acquisitions and restructurings or delays in realizing such benefits, challenges in integrating acquired businesses and achieving anticipated synergies, increases in interest rates, changes to cyber-security regulations and requirements, changes in tax rates or tax regulations, changes to generally accepted accounting principles, difficulties in retaining key employees and customers, unanticipated costs under fixed-price service and system integration engagements, and various other factors beyond our control. These risks and uncertainties also include such additional risk factors as are discussed in the Company’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2018. The Company cautions readers not to place undue reliance upon any such forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date made. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement to reflect events or circumstances after the date on which such statement is made.
Robert McGrail, Director of Corporate Communications
Mercury Systems, Inc.
+1 978-967-1366 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Mercury Systems, EnterpriseSeries and BuiltSECURE are trademarks and Innovation That Matters and ASURRE-Stor are registered trademarks of Mercury Systems, Inc. Intel and Xeon are trademarks of Intel Corporation. Other product and company names mentioned may be trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/6dfb6bb5-a741-4249-9b48-5b11fa546436
Source: Mercury Systems Inc